The Estonian Health Board recommends that persons suffering from a viral infection:
- stay home and treat the illness, as infected persons can infect others for up to seven days. Going to work/school/kindergarten while sick also exhausts the body;
- cover the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing;
- avoid touching the eyes;
- wash hands frequently.
To avoid getting infected, the Estonian Health Board recommends:
- avoiding crowded places and large gatherings;
- washing hands frequently;
- covering the mouth and nose with a gauze mask while in close contact with an infected person.
VACCINATION IS THE SUREST WAY TO PREVENT FLU.